Fukuoka-Shi, Fukuoka, Japan
Jan 21 2018 – Jan 25 2018
Tour of Fukuoka
About Your Trip -Delight in Fukuoka & Beppu Treasures
Experience the welcoming, modern appeal of Fukuoka and the natural beauty of Beppu during this DreamTrip getaway to Japan’s southern island, Kyushu. Venture to Hakata, an ancient city within Fukuoka that is famed for producing traditional Japanese Hakata dolls for 400 years. Visit Hakata Doll Shop Shogetsudo, which is full of these colorful clay figurines, and participate in a doll-painting class. Explore the beautiful Dazaifu Tenmangu shrine, then transfer to the southeastern coastal town of Beppu, a popular hot-springs spa destination.
In Beppu, stop at 3 of the 8 boiling springs sources that, together, make up Hells of Beppu: Chinoike-Jigoku (Blood Pond Hell), Umi-Jigoku (Sea Hell) and Yama-Jigoku (Mountain Hell). Escape the hot steam to Lake Kinrin, an area of lush forests and hills, and then travel to Mt. Aso’s Daikanbo Peak for spectacular mountain and valley views. Back in Fukuoka, use your leisure time to enjoy all the city has to offer. Visitors to this region are drawn to its soft-sand beaches, modern malls and historic temples, as well as attractions such as Karatsu Castle and Ohori Park.
What we love: Delight in Fukuoka & Beppu Treasures
• Great for souvenirs, Hakata dolls are easily recognizable figurines that depict kimono-clad women, samurai warriors, playful children and more.
• The Dazaifu Tenmangu shrine was built on the burial site of the deified spirit of Sugawara Michizane, the god of calligraphy and literature.
• The Hells of Beppu, consisting of 8 hot springs, is designated a national “Place of Scenic Beauty” by the Japanese government.
• Full-day Hakata tour; includes transportation and gratuities.
• Full-day Beppu tour; includes transportation and gratuities.
• English- or Chinese-speaking guide.
• 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Fukuoka Airport (FUK), approximately 4 miles (6 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Fukuoka Airport (FUK) to the hotel on January 21 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Fukuoka Airport (FUK) on January 25 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., timing based on flight details provided.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details HERE by January 7.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
Check out this DreamTrip on Facebook.
Hotel Details: Hotel New Otani Hakata
Hotel New Otani Hakata is just a 10-minute walk from Fukuoka’s most vibrant district, keeping guests within reach of everything the city has to offer. Guests of the hotel have access to an on-site art gallery, souvenir boutique and coffee shop.
Click here for more information:Delight in Fukuoka & Beppu Treasures