Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Feb 2 2018 – Feb 5 2018
Imperial Riding School Renaissance Hotel Vienna
About Your Trip – Uncover Secrets of Vienna & Beyond – Amazing Vienna, Austria
When you visit this pretty city on the Danube, you’re immediately struck by the Gothic and Baroque architecture lining the streets, gorgeous structures that reflect the city’s roots in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. But this cultural hub also reveals a fresh sensibility, evident in Modernist buildings, eclectic art and a sophisticated food-and-wine scene.
Take to the forested highlands of Vienna Woods to explore the countryside west of the city. There, you’ll marvel at the oldest Cistercian monastery in the world, Stift Heiligenkreuz (the Heiligenkreuz abbey), which was completed in 1240. See an impressive, intricate fountain and admire the monastery’s detailed Romanesque features — you’ll also enjoy lunch at the historic on-site inn. After lunch, brave the chill of the Seegrotte Hinterbruhl, an old gypsum mine and Europe’s largest underground lake, created after a 1912 mine blast. During World War II, Nazi forces manufactured aircrafts at Seegrotte Hinterbruhl, which was deep enough in the earth to naturally protect against air raids from Allied forces. Take a boat ride across the water’s glassy surface before venturing aboveground once again and heading back to the city.
On your last evening in Austria, take in stunning sights from the top of the Wiener Riesenrad, a 212-foot (64.75-meter) Ferris wheel at Wurstelprater amusement park. After dinner, view Vienna by night on a bus tour around the Ringstrasse (Vienna Ring Road). See the city’s famous landmarks — including Vienna State Opera, the Museum of Fine Arts, Austrian Parliament Building and more.
What we love:Uncover Secrets of Vienna & Beyond
• As the world’s most common sulfate mineral, gypsum has a variety of uses, including the manufacture of drywall and plaster, as well as soil enrichment for agriculture use.
• Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel is within walking distance of plentiful sightseeing stops, including the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Belvedere and the Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna.
• The Historic Centre of Vienna was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2001 thanks to its cultural value — it’s a leading music city, and home to significant Medieval and Baroque structures.
What’s Included – Uncover Secrets of Vienna & Beyond
• Half-day excursion to Vienna Woods; includes guide and transportation.
• Evening sightseeing tour and visit to Wurstelprater amusement park; includes admission to the park, guide and transportation.
• Welcome reception at the hotel.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Vienna International Airport (VIE), approximately 11 miles (18 kilometers) away, a drive of about 20 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
This trip will close by January 9.
Check out this DreamTrip on Facebook.